08 May 2007

My Son's Trials...

So this is a part of the conversation our family had at dinner tonight:

Mommy starts off the dialogue, "Austin, tell Daddy what happened at school today."
"Um, I don't know." Austin replied.
"Tell Daddy where you got an owie."
Austin then spoke honestly, "On my butt."
My curiosity piqued, "How did you get an owie on your butt?" I asked.
"From the toilet paper roller."
"Yeah, his teacher even said, 'I have no idea how it could have happened.'" my wife chimed in.

I could only look at her, then back at my son, all while my brain desperately attempted to figure out how this event transpired. It still hasn't succeeded.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you know, let me know. I need to add that to my quickly developing playbook.

Evan said...

I actually talked to one of his teachers this morning. She explained that it is indeed possible to scratch one's butt on the toilet paper holder in the kid bathrooms, if one is indeed only 3 1/2 feet tall. I was running late and didn't fully investigate, but for a little boy with regular overly fast movements, I can see him trying to pull up his underwear with his ass in the air and then nailing it on the holder.

No crying, no fuss, he's fine. There's just a big red slash on one cheek.