07 August 2007

As of Late...

There have been other reasons for my lack of posting lately: I can't seem to write a full thought anymore.  By the time my mind finally puts itself into a place where a topic has formed enough to explore, something comes up.  Even just now.  Always, something breaks, some timer goes off, some chore must be done, someone's yelling at my from across the house, or some dumb animal gets themselves into trouble.


In that last paragraph, for example, Austin complained about me moving the ottoman, my sprinkler timer went off, the laundry needed to be switched, and Puma cornered himself behind the armoire.  I don't even know how Puma got his stomach through the small gap between the furniture and the wall.  He's a pudgy cat.

My mind is all over the place regularly too.  I can't keep things in my head anymore, so I remember things piecemeal.  Little chores, emails that must be sent, work to be done.  I can no longer fit an actual list of things that get done.  I know I need to start writing to do lists down, but I can't remember to do that either.

To top it off, I do feel like quite a failure and a bum for the summer.  I haven't written, and work has been less than sparse.  What I thought I had did not pan out to be as extensive, and by the time that realization came around, it was halfway through the season and past the time for getting decent work.  Now we've pulled Austin out of daycare for most of the week, now going in three mornings a week.  So of course, I'm even less productive.  Partly it is my fault, since I refuse to let him sit before the television and become just another dull and rude child.

Oh yeah, and along with Michelle's restrictions, I am doing my best to cut out alcohol and caffeine from my diet.  The alcohol is easy, it's the caffeine that is the tough one.  I have already failed so many times in the past month that I am on only the start of day three of no Mountain Dew (my only real caffeine source).  The headaches, lack of energy, and irritability sucks to deal with, particularly when I really want to set a good example of being a level-headed fellow for Austin.  So I still may falter today or the next, I don't know.

Sorry for all the complaints.  I've just been venting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're funny... looking! And a counter argument for caffine: She is allowed to have one can of caffine a day, therefore so are you. Of course your can just might happen to be bigger.

Trying to help.