11 June 2007

Whew...

I made it through the end of the year no more scraped and bruised than I began. Plus, I managed to make off with a bunch of new toys to play with for the summer. (I'm doing 'research' on how to make readily usable mobile recording studios for the school). This decked-out MacBook I've snagged is pretty sporty, if you ask me. Once I'm in a position to upgrade (and I actually need to), it will probably be what I get. Though the black is nice and sleek, it shows greasy finger spots and scratches more readily than the white, so I will mostly likely spare myself the fifty bucks to go black, and thus also allowing me to go back if I so choose.

The past weekend was spent turning into something more akin to vegetation than animal. I've been reading and playing games and doing a few chores around the house and the yard. The lawn, as of today, has finally gotten fertilized and will hopefully soon be returning to its former green glory. We've also planted a few flowers in pots out front and on the deck, which, while rather sparse, do make a little difference in how those spaces feel.

At this point, I am still looking for summer work, and have been going through the classifieds in the local shopper, as well as word of mouth and fliers for summer lessons. Though I know I could be trying harder, it's a little tough to get motivated for it. I do rather enjoy reading and working on things around the house that have long been postponed and, at some point, writing again. Because of those personal things I'd like to do, I hope that summer lessons or some website work could come along, and then it could be done on my own time from my home.

Michelle and I are keeping Austin in daycare for the summer. He is doing far too well there and loves it too much to just pull him out and slow down that progress. He just moved into the next room up, where there are only about ten kids, and so he gets even more attention. Plus, Austin's with kids closer to his age, instead of anywhere from a year younger to half a year older. That kind of disparity at his age means that things had to be a bit simplified so the younger ones wouldn't just lose it and start veering.

I keep trying to reflect on what I've done at work, and I feel there's nothing really to tell. I did my job, apparently, well above par, and have job security there for as long as I want it. It's a great place to be, and aside from the occasional annoyances that crop up for every service position I couldn't be more pleased to work with the staff there. And if I could ever wind up with a proper teaching gig there, with my own classroom and everything, I'd be one happy little camper.

Ta~

No comments: